Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment

Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment

Steve Brandon, PhD
Administrator
Use this thread to ask questions about or discuss ideas for the portfolio assignment.
"Simplicity."

Re: Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment

Olivia
Quick question: When we post our ideas to our blog, do you want us to post the actual learning artifact too, or just say what the learning artifact is?

Re: Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment

Steve Brandon, PhD
Administrator
Just say what the learning artifact is.  Good question.

When you take notes for a paper, the usual process is to write a quote down in the notes but in cases like this week's assignment a date, title, and where you can find it is usually sufficient.  For instance, 'Blog Post on "The Good Life," 15 Sept, my blog," might be how I would note a blog post.  The idea is to be able find the referenced sources quickly when putting together the final paper.

Steve

Stephen Brandon, PhD
Associate Professor, Composition and Rhetoric
J. Sargent Reynolds Community College
Richmond, VA 23221
[hidden email]

Often the accurate answer to a usage question begins, "It depends." And what
it depends on most often is where you are, who you are, who your listeners
or readers are, and what your purpose in speaking or writing is.
-Kenneth G. Wilson, usage writer (b. 1923)

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Olivia [via Global Connections Learning Community, Fall 2009] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quick question: When we post our ideas to our blog, do you want us to post the actual learning artifact too, or just say what the learning artifact is?

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Questions-and-Discussion-of-the-Portfolio-Assignment-tp3979972p3987195.html
To unsubscribe from Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment, click here.

"Simplicity."

Re: Questions and Discussion of the Portfolio Assignment

Anna
Are we allowed to show you a draft of our cover letter and have you give pointers on how to improve in order to get a higher grade?